Bookkeeper/Office Assistant - Part Time
|Title:||Bookkeeper/Office Assistant - Part Time|
|Job Type:||Non-exempt (hourly)|
DescriptionEnzo's Market is seeking to hire a Bookkeeper/Office Assistant for its store in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Bookkeeper/Office Assistant will work closely with all department managers and directly with the operating partners (owners). This person will help the operating partners extract key financial information from the POS and Payroll systems into Quickbooks to build an accurate reflection of the Company's overall financial performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This person must maintain the highest degree of integrity and diligence by properly processing Company transactions and will have financial reporting responsibility to the owners of the Company.
In addition, the Bookkeeper/Office Assistant will work with the store department managers in helping process orders, reconcile distributor AP/AR, and prepare daily product movement and department performance reports. This person may also help with human resource tasks including gathering new employee information, coordinating interviews, and assisting with new employee orientation. Other regular duties include distributing mail, coordinating travel, marketing efforts, and general organization of the back office.
- Ability to excel in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- In depth knowledge of Quickbooks Pro, Word, and Excel.
- Comfortable creating, editing, and maintaining databases.
- Able to process, enter, and reconcile invoices, bank statements, and other financial information.
- Administrative tasks include answering phones, filing documents, faxing, scanning, distributing mail, ordering office equipment and supplies.
- Assist in marketing efforts including using Facebook, Twitter, and other social and traditional media.
- Organizing and general cleanliness of back office area.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience as Bookkeeper (grocery or retail preferred).
- Quickbooks or accounting training/certification a plus.
- Must be a team player and self starter with the ability to work independently and follow through without supervision.
- Must possess advanced computer skills (Windows 7, Quickbooks, Windows Office Suite)
- Candidates that have experience and judgment will be given a wide degree of latitude, flexibility, and independence to accomplish their responsibilities.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Pay (BOE).
- Career growth potential.
- Generous grocery/food discounts.
Enzo's Market is an exciting, one of a kind, artisanal grocery located in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. Enzo's Market believes in providing only the best available foods that are not only healthy but taste delicious. The store features a full meat, seafood, cheese, produce, and grocery department, with a well-crafted mix of organic, specialty, local, and conventional products. In addition, the store will comprise of a full service bakery, café, and deli. The bakery/café/deli will showcase some of the wonderful products from around the world available in the store as well as highlight the best local food the region has to offer. If this sounds like a perfect fit, we encourage you to apply today. Enzo's Market is an equal opportunity employer and a drug, and smoke free workplace. www.enzosmarket.com
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications